Einkorn Ancient Whole Wheat Pasta by Jovial
I’m a fan of whole grain pastas. The indulgence and comfort of warm pasta, with extra nutrition? Works for me.
I was happy to test out some new Einkorn Pasta by Jovial, thanks to Lisa.
Jovial proudly presents First Ever™ Whole Grain Einkorn Pasta, made from the world’s most ancient wheat, first cultivated 12,000 years ago at the birth of agriculture. The resulting products are wholesome, nutritious and surprisingly delicious. Einkorn was lost in time when new varieties of wheat with much higher yields were created by natural and commercial hybridization. In developing the Jovial™ brand, the company’s founders decided it was time to go beyond organic and take a closer look to find the purest of plant varieties.
Einkorn Nutritional Highlights
- High in Thiamin, essential dietary and trace minerals.
- Good source of protein, dietary fiber and a number of B Vitamins.
- Higher Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC-antioxidant capacities) twice that of durum and bread wheat.
- Higher content of tocotrienols than other species of wheat, a potent form of Vitamin E.
- Lower percentage of nutrient loss during processing
- One 2oz. serving contains as much of the antioxidant Lutein as a whole egg (which provides nutritional support to our eyes and skin).
And how about the taste? Hearty and flavorful, in my opinion. That said, someone who loves “regular” white pasta may not appreciate the difference. But anyone who already enjoys whole grain pasta might want to check this out!