Home Free Organic Cookies, Allergy-Friendly
Home Free Cookies are the health- and/or allergy- conscious person’s dream cookie! They’re also likely to be the favorite cookie of bulleted-list lovers everywhere.
· Certified organic
· Certified whole grain – each cookie serving contains at least ½ serving of whole grains
· Without trans fat or cholesterol
· Free of peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and dairy
· Fine for most people allergic to wheat (not gluten-free; contain oats)
· Fine for most people allergic to soy (most contain soy lecithin)
· Baked and packaged in a dedicated bakery
· Allergen tested
· Without corn sweeteners, artificial colors, artificial flavors, MSG, and genetically modified organisms (GMOs)
· Certified vegan (oatmeal cookies, and coffee cakes)
· Certified kosher pareve
And the taste? I tried the chocolate chip, mini chocolate chip, and oatmeal varieties. I shared some with friends and co-workers to get their opinions, too.
Verdict? Regular chocolate chip, chewy and moist, are the standout winner. Mini chocolate chip were crisp, but more like a merengue than a Chips Ahoy. Oatmeal were “not yo’ grandma’s oatmeal cookie,” according to one friend (I finished his). But, for people whose health or allergy concerns keep them from enjoying other varieties of cookies, Home Free flavors are appreciated options!