Book Club: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Natural Home Remedies
My long absence from Smorgasbite has been sad, but three happy things came in its place:
1. I got married.
2. I went on a lovely honeymoon to the Mayan Riviera.
3. I started and finished a book for the first time in a very, very [embarrassingly] long time.
The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Natural Home Remedies (Penguin) had been on my list for a while, and I brought it along to Mexico over others on the list (War and Peace, The End of Poverty) for its ease of reading on the beach with margarita in hand. (Sadly, I couldn’t double fist since I had to hold the book.)
It turned out that this book was great honeymoon reading material for another reason, too. Because we were looking forward to how our lives would be different as a married couple, and because he ended up reading this book too (Germs, Guns and Steel isn’t the most fun honeymoon read, it turns out), we decided on a few things based on what we read.
1. Make a ritual of drinking tea.
2. Don’t be afraid of taking herbs!
3. Get out of the rut of eating the same 5 vegetables.
What wild and crazy newlyweds we are. Watch out New York!