Recipe: Raspberry Applesauce Gumdrops
Adapted from Wildheart
2 cups raspberry applesauce (I used Santa Cruz Organic)
1/2 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
1/2 cup cold water
2 cups sugar (I used Sugar in the Raw)
3 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- If using unrefined sugar, crush it with mortar & pestle
- Mix the sugar, applesauce, and spices.
- In a small pan, mix the water and gelatin.
- Heat over low until gelatin dissolves (or, heat in microwave for 20 seconds and then stir).
- Stir the gelatin mix into the applesauce mix.
- Line a 9×13 pan with wax paper.
- Spread in the applesauce/gelatin mix.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Right before serving, cut into 1/2″ cubes (18 across x 26 down).
- Roll each cube in sugar, it prevents weeping. (Don’t do this too long before serving or sugar will melt and leave you with a liquid mess.)